Main » About the Chamber of Commerce of the Kyrgyz Republic » Mission of the CCI KR
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Kyrgyz Republic, as a non-governmental, non-profit organization, is expanding its relationship with state agencies and with partner business associations in the country and abroad, and contributes to the development of the economic, industrial, scientific, technical, and trade relations of the Kyrgyz Republic to other countries.
The Chamber was founded on 24 December 1959, acting on the basis of the Law "On the Chamber of Commerce of the Kyrgyz Republic", adopted on 13 April 1994 by the Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The mission of the Chamber is to promote the establishment of an appropriate legal environment, infrastructure, and other conditions for the establishment, development, and protection of business in Kyrgyzstan. It seeks to ensure that every entrepreneur has real equal opportunities to develop their business in the country and access to international markets.
The CCI is a member of the International Council for Cooperation of Commerce and Industry and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the CIS, Baltic, Eastern, and Central Europe, a member of the Islamic Chamber of Commerce, and a member of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of IVF. The Chamber has long-term cooperation agreements with the Chambers of more than 50 countries. The main points of the agreements are: the exchange of information and commercial offers, exhibitions and fairs, exchange of business delegations, and assisting entrepreneurs in establishing direct contacts.
The CCI KR has offices in all regions of the country, which enables it to ensure the provision of its services in a timely manner throughout the territory of Kyrgyzstan.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Kyrgyz Republic is always open for mutually beneficial cooperation.
Goals and objectives:
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Kyrgyz Republic is a non-governmental organization operating in order to promote the economic development of the Kyrgyz Republic and its integration into the world economic system, the formation of a modern infrastructure of market relations, creation of favorable conditions for foreign trade, promotion of the export of goods and services, the comprehensive expansion of economic trade and scientific technical relations of the Kyrgyz Republic with other countries.
In accordance with the Law "On the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Kyrgyz Republic" the CCI performs the following tasks:
- Protects the rights and interests of legal and physical entities of the Kyrgyz Republic and foreign countries in the field of international trade and industrial and intellectual property
- Promotes the export of goods and services from the Kyrgyz Republic, provides practical assistance to companies and organizations in the conduct of operations in foreign markets and the development of new forms of cooperation
- Meets foreign delegations, businessmen and missions, assisting in finding partners and establishing business contacts, carries out representative functions for the Chamber members in international trade, finance, and other economic organizations
- Assists in the resolution of conflicts arising between employers and labor collectives
- Establishes and develops relations with the chambers of commerce and other similar organizations abroad, signs agreements with them, and organizes economic and commercial missions and delegations
- Organizes international and foreign exhibitions and trade fairs, as well as presentations of companies and organizations in the country, ensuring the preparation and implementation of exhibitions of the Kyrgyz Republic abroad
- Organizes interaction between business entities and their interactions with the state through its organs as well as with social partners
- Holds a non-state Registry of enterprises and organizations of the Kyrgyz Republic as well as their financial and economic situation which indicates their reliability as partners for entrepreneurial and Foreign Economic Affairs
- Provides information and advice on business and foreign trade
- Ensures the provision of services required for commercial activities of foreign companies and organizations
- Verifies the certificates of origin for goods and the paperwork associated with the export and import of goods and services, evidence of force majeure in accordance with the terms of foreign trade and international agreements of the Kyrgyz Republic, as well as trade and port regulations adopted in the Kyrgyz Republic
- Carries out mediation between entrepreneurs of Kyrgyzstan and foreign partners
- Conducts the examination on behalf of Kyrgyz and foreign legal and natural persons to control the quality, quantity, and completeness of goods
- Provides training of specialists for businesses and other types of training, including performing translation services of technical documentation, promotional and other materials
- Carries out promotional activities necessary to perform the functions of the group and meet the needs of its full members, carries out projects and prepares expositions for entrepreneurs of the Kyrgyz Republic and foreign countries, developing trademarks, corporate identity, industrial products, industrial designs and other designs.